The purchase will only be confirmed when the customer formalizes the payment, so that the reservation code associated with the purchase is generated and received.
The online payment options available are MasterCard, Maestro and Visa, with the possibility of payments by transfer for certain services by prior agreement between the parties and always by email. Any other payment method not described in this section, will not be accepted by AsterArk.
In the case of the services provided by AsterArk, the consumer may not exercise the Right of withdrawal, since one of the legally recognised exceptions of Article 103 in paragraph L) of the Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007 of 16 November, which approves the revised text by the General Law for the Protection of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws, applies in this case. The article states literally: “The right of withdrawal shall not apply to contracts relating to: The provision of accommodation services for purposes other than housing, transportation of goods, car rental, catering or services related to leisure activities, if the contracts provide for a specific date or period of performance.”
However, although by law, the consumer is not covered by the Right of Withdrawal for services provided by AsterArk, our cancellation policy is detailed in the CANCELLATIONS section of this document.
You can request a free invoice in electronic o paper format. To request it, please send us your personal data and your booking number to email@example.com indicating your preferred format.
AsterArk makes the Complaints Book Complaint Forms available to our customers at C/ Los Llanos Seis, 3. 38003 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, España. In order to exercise your right, please contact us first by phone at +34 670 837 448 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your appointment.
NIGHT ACTIVITIES AND VISITS TO THE OBSERVATORIES
- When you arrive at the meeting point, you must present your reservation ticket, to save unnecessary expenses and collaborate with the preservation of the environment, we kindly ask you not to print it and present it in electronic format, although both formats will be valid.
- Before the beginning of an activity, identification documents may be required from all attendees, including minors.
- Out of respect for the rest of the participants, it is very important that you be punctual, otherwise there may be no one to receive you. In this case, the client will not be able to demand any refund, return or change of date. Calculate the time of the trip, taking into account some stops for acclimatization.
- Observatories are scientific centers whose main work takes place during the night, for this reason they can only be visited during the day.
- We strongly recommend you to wear warm clothes and appropiate footwear since the activities take place in high mountain where the thermal sensation can be around 0ºC at any time of the year. Inside the telescopes, temperatures remain below 15ºC (59ºF) during the day.
- Please bear in mind that there are no toilets available in the places where the activities take place.
- Due to the fact that the activities take place in high mountain where the atmospheric pressure and oxygen level in the air is lower than at sea level, it is not recommended to practice diving 24 hours before the activity in order to avoid decompression sickness .
- If you suffer from respiratory or heart problems or are pregnant, we recommend you to consult your doctor before hiring any of our experiences. AsterArk is not responsible for any health problems that may occur as a result of altitude or the omission of our recommendations and warnings. The nearest medical assistance points are approximately one hour away.
- Children under 18 must always be accompanied by a responsible adult or tutor.
- In the way that all participants can enjoy the activities we offer, it is essential to avoid attitudes that may offend the rest of the group, respect the rules, schedules and instructions of AsterArk staff.
- We carry out our activities in unique protected enclaves for which we ask you to respect the following basic rules: do not throw garbage, do not collect stones or alter the flora or fauna, do not leave the trails and follow the instructions of the guides. So that you can enjoy this landscape, others established and followed these rules, help us to continue conserving it.
- Smoking is not allowed during the activities.
- The transfer to the meeting point with AsterArk’s staff is at the customer’s expense. The distances in the Roque de los Muchachos Observatory necessarily require a vehicle to move between the different points.
- AsterArk has Accident Insurance as required by current legislation.
- All our guides have Insurance and have training in Emergencies and First Aid.
EQUIPMENT / MATERIAL RENTAL
- Each of the available equipment has a minimum and maximum rental period indicated in the description of each equipment.
- The rental of material implies the payment of a deposit whose value is specified in the description of each one of them. The equipment must be returned in the same condition in which it was delivered.
- Damages resulting from misuse of the astronomical equipment available for rent will be paid by the client. The equipment is not covered by the Accident Insurance nor by the Civil Liability Insurance to that AsterArk has.
- At the time of delivery of the material, it will be verified by the customer and by an AsterArk’s representative. Once verified, a delivery document must be signed specifying the customer’s data, the conditions of the material, the date and time of delivery, as well as the date and time of return. Failure to comply with the date and time of return will imply a charge of €12.00 / hour.
- At any time, before the end of the rental period, it may be extended upon payment of the corresponding amount.
- Equipment available for rental may not be used for commercial purposes.
1. You can modify or cancel an activity / rental up to 48 hours before the start of it, being able to change the date or request a refund of 100% of the amount paid.
Between 48 and 24 hours before the start of the activity / rental you can request a change of date or cancellation, in the latter case we will refund 70% of the amount paid.
From 24 hours before the start of the activity / rental, no refunds or date changes will be made.
Only 2 date changes can be made up to a maximum period of one year from the initial reservation date and always subject to availability.
For telescope rental services cancellations or changes of date must be requested by email to the following address email@example.com according to the conditions described above and subject to availability.
2. Our activities are subject to weather conditions as well as the operation of the telescopes. AsterArk reserves the right to cancel due to adverse weather conditions, pre-alerts, alerts or other meteorological risks, logistics, health issues or force majeure (fires, earthquakes, road closures due to landslides, etc…). Our priority is to give you a quality service and preserve both your safety and that of our team. The weather conditions in the Canary Islands are very changeable so the activity may be canceled the same day, in this case we will proceed to change the date or to refund the 100% of the amount.
The administration of the Teide and Roque de los Muchachos Observatories reserve the right to cancel or modify the visits due to issues related to the operation of the telescopes, and may be modified or cancelled the same day of the visit. In this case we will proceed to change the date or to refund the 100% of the amount.
3. All the refunds will be made by using the same payment method in which they were made.
AsterArk is a member of Confianza Online (non-profit association), registered in the National Register of Associations Group 1, Section 1, national number 594400, CIF G85804011, La Palma Street 59, ground floor A., 28015 Madrid (Spain). For more information: www.confianzaonline.es
These General Conditions are governed by Spanish law. Likewise, in compliance with the provisions of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Act, we inform consumers that, as a member entity and under the terms of the Ethical Code, users may turn to Confianza Online for the alternative resolution of any disputes on this link. If they refer to electronic transactions with consumers, or about data protection when related to this area, the claims will be resolved by the Mediation Committee of Confianza Online, accredited for the alternative resolution of consumer disputes. If the complaints are about digital advertising, or data protection related to this area, they will be submitted to the Advertising Jury of SELFCONTROL.
We also remind you that you can access the online dispute resolution platform of the European Union by following this link.